- Free â‚¬â€ Blogspot can be useful without having to pay a penny. You don’t need a domain, hosting, etc. to start a blog.
- Easier to use â‚¬â€ Thanks to the intuitive dashboard and easy-to-use wizard, you can get your blog up and running through Blogspot in just a few minutes.
- Beginner-friendly â‚¬â€ Blogspot is indeed a beginner-friendly platform because it is easy to use and navigate.
- Custom domain â‚¬â€ You also have the option to use your own domain name to make the blog look more professional.
- Integrated with Google â‚¬â€ Blogspot is already integrated with other Google products. This means you can enjoy Google’s features when you start blogging.
Advantages of WordPress
- Flexible â‚¬â€ WordPress is one of the most flexible CMS platforms. You can build websites of any scale, from blogging websites to online stores. You can also easily add additional features via plugins.
- Mobile-friendly â‚¬â€ by default, WordPress can customize the appearance of websites and blogs on various screens. You don’t need technical expertise to activate this responsive mobile feature.
- Gaining full control â‚¬â€ by using WordPress, you get complete control over your website and blog. You can easily manage and modify the website according to your needs.
- SEO friendly â‚¬â€ Thanks to the many SEO plugins available, making your WordPress website more SEO friendly is also very easy. What’s more, WordPress also has YOAST, one of the best SEO plugins out there.
- Easy to learn â‚¬â€ the WordPress platform is also quite easy to learn for beginners. Not only is the dashboard intuitive, WordPress australia email list also has official documentation and online forums to help with any issues you may encounter.
Disadvantages of Blogspot
- The first deficiency or weakness of Blogspot is, its simple admin dashboard display.
- Writing articles on Blogspot is arguably less flexible, because the available tools are not as complete as WordPress.
- For beginner bloggers who do not understand HTML and CSS, it will be difficult to adjust the appearance of the blog.
- Blogspot is one of Google’s products, so users must obey and comply with Google’s regulations.
Disadvantages of WordPress
- Ads will appear from WordPress if you use the free WordPress.com service. So ads will appear on your website and you don’t get paid for these ads. If you want ads not to show, you’ll need to upgrade to a paid service (starting at $60/year).
- WordPress.com does not allow ads other than WordAds such as Adsense and the like to be installed on your blog.
- Cannot upload plugins and templates
- Can’t install code to track visitor statistics like Google Analytics, unless you’re on a business plan.
- Your website may be deleted at any time by WordPress.com for violating their terms and conditions.
- Contains a link to WordPress.com, to get rid of it you have to upgrade to a business plan.
- Unable to add eCommerce features.
With this explanation you can understand the advantages and disadvantages of blogspot and wordpress. Both have differences according to their respective goals. If you want to know more about blogspot or wordpress, you can visit the Campus Digital website.